Monday 3 June 2013

Adore Winter Edition

The Adore Magazine winter edition is out, and what perfect timing! It's Queens Birthday today, and that means another day off - I love long weekends! What a treat it was this morning to lie in bed and read Adore on my iPad from front to back. Of all the online magazines I read, this is one that I get most excited about. Loni's love of vibrant colour and pattern reflects my own, so I know there will always be plenty to inspire me.



The beautiful family home that features on the cover belongs to Simone Duckworth, author of the blog Honey and Fizz. The base of the home is fairly neutral with walls, floors, and furniture in black & white. But everywhere you look you'll find shots of rich, gorgeous colour.



We spent a good part of our Saturday working on our eldest daughter's bedroom, as I'm making it over for her (will show you photos when it's completely finished). We painted her bed frame glossy black, which looks amazing with her kantha quilt bedspread, much like Simone's. I love to include black in my interiors - it's just as successful as white for making colours pop, and it adds great contrast, and 'oomph'.






Next time I'm in Melbourne I'll be sure to visit Crate Expectations, a fabulous lifestyle store owned by Georgina Bird. The products and the shop's styling is right up my alley. In the meantime, I'll be spending some time checking out their website.





This is just a tiny taste, make sure you read the full edition for yourself.

9 comments :

  1. My lunchtime plans are now confirmed! I am sure that this edition will definitely bring a smile to my face (swooning over that yellow wishbone chair)! Also can't wait to see the picture of your eldest's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S - thanks for the well wishes on my blog this morning! We'll be setting up in Sydney initially... already scouting my shopping options! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, just over the ditch from me :) They've just had a West Elm open in Sydney too. Check out all the old issues of Adore too, they always showcase the best Aussie shops x

      Delete
  3. I really like that collection of stools and other brights in the second to last image. That parrot lamp is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my fav images Santa, such a great collection. x

      Delete
  4. It looks fab Vic. Your morning lie in sounded like pure bliss. I got jumped on by my 3 year old wanting me to get up and play. Grrr... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, a bit of a treat Michelle. We often have our 8 yr old twins in bed with us in the morning, but being girls, they're fairly quiet :) x

      Delete
  5. My soon is now obsessed with that faux animal head and I'm on the look out for one for him! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice, I just left you a google message - not sure if you'll get it. Feel free to drop me an email - cushandnooks@airnet.net.nz - I can send you some photos of some cool animal heads that I could get for you. x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips