Sunday 23 October 2011

Wallpaper, Cake & Rugby

I think we should have 4 day weekends all the time - you can get so much done! Friday was a beautiful day, so it was very much a chill-out, leisure day. Yesterday was rainy and cold, so we wallpapered our entranceway wall. I'm so happy with it - after much deliberation I went back to my original love of Designers Guild and chose this Anichov Aqua print, which the girls from Small Acorns got in for me. It has all my favourite colours.




Our entranceway at the end of the hall used to be an outside porch, and has a lovely big window looking out over the Botanical Gardens. We moved the door 90° to the porch entrance, raised the floor so it was the same level as our hallway, removed the weatherboards and gibbed the walls making it an extension of the hallway. It's fantastic because the window lets sun and light into the house, and we have a great view out over the Gardens. I love the shot of colour the wallpaper gives you as you come in, and I am now searching for the perfect console table and home decor to set it off.




Today (Sunday), among other things, I made Annabelle Langbein's Ultimate Chocolate Cake. For all of you who are not Kiwis, Annabelle is an awesome celebrity cook, food writer and publisher. Her recipes are delicious and easy enough for non-foodies like me to create. The cake was divine, and fed the workers who are here building our pergola. And it's such a big recipe it made two cakes, so I have popped one in the freezer for next time. Click here for the recipe (I only made half the amount of Ganache and it was plenty!).



Tonight we will all be watching the final of the World Cup Rugby cheering our boys in black on. And then tomorrow is another holiday - yay, so happy!

Richard Kahui, Sonny Bill Williams & Dan Carter - 3 gorgeous boys!

5 comments :

  1. Ahhh!!! Three of my favourite things too. Would you believe it, that was the recipe I was just about to post on my blog (was the recipe I used for the ruffle cake I made the other day!). Love it, sooooo easy and delish. LOVE the wallpaper! I'm currently being very indecisive about my own entrance AND exterior paint colour. I think I need to get opinions from the 'fans'. You would think as an interior designer I would have it all sorted, but two years later it's still not happening! Ohhh and rugby, I'm thinking I need to whip up that cake for the people that will end up in our lounge tonight. Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a serious eye candy post! I just adore the wallpaper you chose, it's so bright and vibrant and don't even get me started on that cake! Congrats on your boys winning the final, it was totally worth setting the alarm for this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wallpaper is so pretty and looks perfect in your home. I love vibrant colour in an entrance and I absolutely love the way the colours lead to the view. I spent the first week in Wellington with my mother and she made that cake - it is unfortunately very moreish! Cake, treadmill...enjoy this lovely long weekend...and celebrations! Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love that wallpaper Vic! One of my fave DG patterns and with all the best colours! Looks fantastic :) I am forever borrowing my mum's (a kiwi too) copy of annabel's book, love her recipes. Your cake looks delicious :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vic,
    The wallpaper looks amazing - and don't you just love something like this, that every time you look at it, it makes you smile!
    Might have to attempt that cake - so much to celebrate today!
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips